Qualification Training Course
Agile Project Management Practitioner
As the pace of change accelerates and pressure builds to deliver greater value, traditional project management methods that worked in more stable and predictable environments become less reliable. The project management team needs to respond quickly whilst demonstrating control and reliability. Agile Project Management offers a practical and repeatable methodology, combining a process covering the whole project lifecycle with a flexible and more collaborative approach.
Based on the proven fundamentals within DSDM Atern, this certification provides standards, process and visibility, whilst encouraging the early delivery of benefits by empowering the team. If you are involved with or responsible for projects, then this course will offer you valuable skills and insights into this collaborative and flexible approach.
If you are a project manager or team leader and either responsible for, or involved in, implementing projects then this course is for you. You will learn about a wide range of tools and methods, and gain fresh skills and a new-found confidence to manage projects successfully in an agile way.
This APM Group accredited course focuses on the management and delivery of projects, using the combination of rigour and flexibility that Agile offers, throughout the project lifecycle. It will:
- Explain how to lay the foundations for successful Agile projects
- Explain how an Agile project is managed
- Clarify the different management styles needed for successful Agile projects (compared to "traditional" projects)
- Demonstrate how Agile sits alongside PRINCE2® and other methods
PRINCE2® is a Registered Trade Mark of the Cabinet Office.
Candidates who undertake the Practitioner level will build on the knowledge gained through the Foundation level, working towards an exam on the afternoon of the 4th day. By this time candidates will have had an opportunity to tackle sample exam questions and revisit any areas of the syllabus where they had queries. The 2 hour Practitioner exam is in the 'Objective Testing' multiple choice format, split into 4 main areas, each offering 15 marks. This exam is open-book, but restricted to the Agile Project Management Handbook only, and the pass mark is 50%.
Candidates who have passed the Agile Management Practitioner qualification exam can put Agile Project Management Practitioner on their business cards.
There are no prerequisites for taking this course, but it is not possible to progress to the Practitioner level until either the Foundation exam has been passed, or one of the following DSDM certificates is held:
- DSDM Atern Foundation Certificate
- DSDM Advanced Practitioner Certificate
"Great trainer, very engaging. Good facilities, lovely relaxed atmosphere. Thoroughly enjoyed the
"The venue and facilities were very good. Trainer was very helpful and easy to talk to and gain
appropriate tips and knowledge for use in everyday work."
"Everything was excellent."
Technical Project Leader
"Great trainer, very engaging. Good facilities, lovely relaxed atmosphere. Thoroughly enjoyed the course. Thank You!"
"The most enjoyable course I have done to date. Lovely venue and the residential option really
helped with time management and bonding with the group as a team."
"The trainer was very good at explaining the material in relation to other approaches and kept
your motivation throughout."
- You will be one of no more than 12 delegates – we don’t overfill our courses
- Our focus is on your issues, making the course relevant and practical, so you can apply concepts back in the workplace
- We have a track record of excellent pass rates
- The course has been designed for you 'the learner', not just to cover the syllabus
- Our innovative learning techniques allow challenge whilst keeping it enjoyable and fun
- We're trained in project management, change management, Neuro Linguistic Programming (NLP) and facilitation, making courses unique and inspirational
- We 'walk the talk'. With over 20 years’ business experience, we have repeatedly demonstrated how to achieve outstanding results
- Full support is provided, before, during and after the course, so that you get the best value from your investment
If you would like to make multiple bookings or have specially tailored options for your organisation please call, we will be happy to discuss your specific requirements.
4 days £1195 +VAT
OR £1420 +VAT
with 3 nights