Communication and engagement are at the heart of any successful project or change initiative. This course will help you understand how people organise their thinking, language and behaviour – and how this leads to the results they get. It will help you and your teams communicate more effectively, work more efficiently, and understand how to influence people such as your key stakeholders and customers.
Your teams and team leaders will learn how to encourage buy-in and greater commitment from others, and communicate better with sponsors so they can provide the right resources when they are most needed. This course builds the confidence and skills to adopt the right approach, to get the best impact and results for your organisation.
What the course covers – duration 1 day
The course covers how to recognise and tap into people’s motivations, and build a strong connection with them so that it’s as if ‘you are on the same wavelength’ instead of it feeling it’s an uphill struggle to get people to listen and cooperate. The focus is on the use of these techniques in a project and change environment.
Key areas covered:
- Understanding how perceptions are formed
- Working with different communication styles
- Recognising and working with people’s motivational traits
- Leveraging the power of words and language
- Objectively weighing up multiple perspectives to reach win-win outcomes
- Shifting comfortably across different levels within the organisation