AgilePM® training course
As the pace of change accelerates and pressure continues to build for businesses to be innovative and deliver greater value, traditional project management methods become much less reliable.
Help your organisation embed a culture of innovation and deliver greater value, thanks to this highly practical Agile Project Management qualification course, using real-life examples from your business. You will learn how to foster collaboration, manage risks and uncertainty, and deliver on time, all whilst gaining powerful skills such as configuring the project lifecycle, assessing leadership styles and effective communication.
The AgilePM Foundation and Practitioner certification, a globally recognised qualification accredited by APMG International, takes the principles of the DSDM Agile Project Framework and shows how these can be applied to achieve an ideal balance between the standards, rigour and visibility needed for good project management, and the fast pace, change and empowerment provided by Agile.
This course also shows how Agile techniques can be integrated with PRINCE2® and SCRUM.
AgilePM certification content
The following areas are covered during this course
- Agile project fundamentals
What is Agile, Why use DSDM, When to use Agile Project Management, Core principles
- The lifecycle
Agile Project Framework, Configuring the Agile project lifecycle, Planning and control, Management products
- Project team structure
Roles and responsibilities, Empowerment and leadership styles
Facilitated workshops, MoSCoW prioritisation, Modelling, Iterative development, Timeboxing
- Digging deeper into the AgilePM perspective
People, teams and interactions, Effective communication, Collaboration, Requirements gathering, User stories, Effective estimating, Risks and uncertainty, Ensuring quality, Tailoring the framework
AgilePM course information
- Practising project managers
- Agile team members looking to become Agile Project Managers
- Team leaders either responsible for, or involved in, implementing projects
- Individuals pursuing the AgilePM Foundation / Practitioner Certificate
- The underpinning philosophy and principles of Agile
- The lifecycle of an Agile project, including alternative configurations
- The products produced during an Agile project and their purpose
- The techniques used and their benefits and limitations
- The roles and responsibilities within an Agile project
- How to apply a variety of agile practices to a project, for example, workshops, the MoSCoW technique to define project priorities, iterative development and modeling.
- How to test, estimate and evaluate profit delivery in an Agile project
- Facilitation and support mechanisms within an Agile project
- The agile approach to manage and prioritise requirements
- As an individual taking the course, you will develop understanding of the subject and identify the differing demands between traditional project management and Agile Project Management.
- You will become an agile project leader with in-depth knowledge of agile principles and increased confidence in applying the Agile Project Framework, having greater choices in adopting different styles of project management as appropriate.
- As part of organisational development, the Agile Project Framework encourages greater focus on business involvement and early delivery of business benefits. This results in quicker return on investment and experience more consistent and timely delivery.
AgilePM Foundation level exam
- Multiple-choice format and closed book
- 40 minutes duration, with 50 questions
- Pass mark 50%
- Takes place on the morning of the second day
You need to have achieved the Foundation level certification to go on to the Practitioner level certification
AgilePM Practitioner level exam
- Multiple-choice format and open book
- 2.5 hours duration, with 80 questions
- Pass mark 50%
- Takes place on the morning of the fourth day
Included in your AgilePM training
- The course textbook AgilePM®, Agile Project Management Handbook v2
- Pre-course support and study guide
- Course materials
- Examination fees
- Post-course support
- You can run this programme in the most convenient way for your organisation, either over consecutive days or split into separate modules.
- Your training will be carried out by Course Conductor Accredited Market Leaders* *Course Conductor Trusted Training Radar® (Autumn 2019)
Would you like to know more about the AgilePM certification?
Want to learn how to flex and deliver projects rapidly to meet your customer needs?
Call us on 01276 34480 or email us your enquiry, let’s get started!
What our client’s say
“From this AgilePM certification course, I have gained the knowledge of how to bring in a project on time and with all agreed features. The facilitator was magnificent – clear delivery, interesting examples and great knowledge.”
Max Cowell, Sustainability Projects Co-ordinator, Retail Sector
Read what our clients have said about training with us