Change Management training course
Focusing on both the process and the people aspects of change, the Change Management Foundation and Practitioner certification teaches you powerful skills for managing change, such as engaging people along the journey, assessing the impact of change and an organisation’s change readiness.
On this highly practical course using real-life examples from your business, you will learn to thrive on change, minimise the stress that transition creates and gain the confidence to make change ‘stick.’
You will master how to galvanise individual motivations, overcome resistance, dismantle the barriers to communicating change and assess the severity and complexity of the change facing your people.
This globally recognised qualification, accredited by APMG International, is the definitive certification for professionals dealing with organisational change, transition and transformation.
Change Management certification content
The following areas are covered during this course
- The change management context
Learning and the individual, Learning process and styles, Learning dip
- Change and the individual
Models of individual change, Motivation, Individual differences
- Change and the organisation
Metaphors of organisations, Organisation culture and change, Models of change, Key roles in organisational change, Drivers of change, Developing vision
- Stakeholder strategy
Identifying and segmenting stakeholders, Personas and empathy maps, Stakeholder mapping, Influencing strategies
- Communication and engagement
Communications biases, Feedback and communications approaches, Communicating change and communications channels, Planning communications
- Change impact
Identifying and assessing change impact, Stakeholder impact assessment, Change severity assessment
- Change readiness
Building the change team, Motivation to change and supporting individuals, Building organisational change readiness, Change agent networks, Change management plan, Effective teams and team development, Preparing for resistance
Change Management course information
- Anyone interested in understanding the basic principles of achieving successful organisational change, transition or transformation
- Team members involved in organisational change, transition or transformation projects
- Professionals pursuing the Change Management Practitioner certificate, for which the Change Management Foundation certificate is a pre-requisite
- If you are a project, programme or change manager and either responsible for or involved in implementing change, then this course will give you a good knowledge of change theory, together with a set of practices to improve your effectiveness
- Aspiring or current managers of organisational change, transition or transformation
- Those performing key roles in the design, development and delivery of organisational change programmes, including; Change Project Managers, Transformation Managers, Senior Responsible Owners, Business Change Managers, Change Programme Managers, Operational Line Managers
- To become an effective team member involved in organisational change projects
- How the process of organisational change or transformation occurs
- The roles needed to assemble teams most likely to achieve successful organisational change
- How people react to organisational change and how to help them adapt
- What needs to be done to overcome resistance and manage it in such a way that the changes really ‘stick’
- To develop strategies to keep people motivated while an organisation undergoes change
- The different types of change process e.g. planned and emergent change
- How to keep stakeholders engaged while an organisation undergoes change
- A wide range of tools and methods whilst gaining fresh skills and new-found confidence to successfully deal with all aspects of change
- To apply appropriate process frameworks to optimally plan and understand organisational change
- A range of organisation paradigms with which to understand, support and sustain organisational change processes
- How to properly prepare for an organisational change initiative – such as building an effective change team and offering insights which enhance the team’s performance
- To prepare people for organisational change
- How to be motivational in ways that are empathetic towards peoples’ roles and personalities
- How to establish a clear framework of roles, skills and activities through which leaders can support and sustain the change process
- Opportunities to practise working on real project examples – this way you not only learn the knowledge behind the latest change theory, but get the knowhow and confidence to apply these skills, making your projects and change initiatives a real success
- As an individual taking the course, you will develop your understanding of change and what it means, identify the negative impacts that change initiatives can have and learn how to address these so you can manage change initiatives successfully. You will also be recognised as a dependable manager of organisational change and gain a widely recognised professional qualification.
- As an organisation, the successful completion of this course will demonstrate your people have a good understanding of change, its benefits and its impact on groups within the organisation.
Change Management Foundation level exam
- Multiple-choice format and closed book
- 40 minutes duration, with 50 questions
- Pass mark 50%
- Takes place on the afternoon of the third day
You need to have achieved the Foundation level certification to go on to the Practitioner level certification
Change Management Practitioner level exam
- Multiple-choice format and open book
- 2.5 hours duration, with 80 questions
- Pass mark 50%
- Takes place on the morning of the fifth day
Scheduled open Change Management training
We occasionally offer the Change Management certification as a scheduled public classroom course for people who may have missed an in-company course or independent contractors wishing to gain the Change Management certification
Our next upcoming Change Management accredited course is on 15th – 19th June 2020
at etc.venues, 50-52 Chancery Lane, London WC2A 1HL
(minutes from Chancery Lane, Holborn and Farringdon tube stations)
5 days Change Management Foundation and Practitioner certification
3 days Change Management Foundation certification only
*Price includes all course materials, official course textbook, exam fees, lunch and refreshments, pre and post-course support
Included in your Change Management training
- The course textbook The Effective Change Manager’s Handbook, Essential guidance to the change management body of knowledge. Edited by Richard Smith, David King, Ranjit Sidhu and Dan Skelsey. Founder of ChangeQuest, Ranjit Sidhu, has written the chapter on Communication and Engagement.
- Pre-course support and study guide
- Course materials
- Examination fees
- Post-course support
- You can run this programme in the most convenient way for your organisation, either over consecutive days or split into separate modules.
Would you like to know more about the Change Management certification?
Want to make your organisation stronger in uncertain times?
Call us on 01276 34480 or email us your enquiry, let’s get started!
"Highly recommended, practical course with a great course leader. The course materials, session delivery, practical examples and opportunity to share experiences with fellow delegates brought the subject to life. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend ChangeQuest”
"Always happy when ChangeQuest are involved - they've taught me so much. Their courses are great and high quality I have come away a far better change manager and it has not felt like "training”
“Fantastic insight into change management principles. Really enjoyed the change management practitioner course. The end to end process worked extremely well - very responsive and efficient. Fantastic presenter, a good mix of encouraging, inspiring and engaging”
“Applying organisational theory to the practical world of change projects. Well organised. The trainer was an expert in the subject matter and more importantly really understood needs of the class and encouraged full participation”
“Valuable for anyone involved in leading or managing change. The course made me think in a more structured way about managing change, and it gives you a toolbox of useful approaches and strategies for dealing with all stages of the change cycle”
“The quality of the overall training experience was really high. Strongly recommended. Among the UK training providers, I have experienced so far, ChangeQuest is doubtless the best. They took care of every aspect related to the training experience”
“Highly recommend. As a Learning & Development Professional, my expectations for this learning experience was probably set at a quite high bar and I am happy to give it full marks! Post-workshop support, even many months down the line, has been fantastic”
An absolutely fantastic trainer, extremely knowledgeable, the course was well paced, interactive and brilliantly valuable