Practical Facilitation Skills
With this Practical Facilitation Skills short course learn how to avoid meetings that are poorly run and frustratingly ineffective.
With a growing need to work in a more collaborative way, facilitation skills are becoming increasingly important. An effective facilitator makes progress easier by skilfully enabling a smoother process for interactions that lead to quality decisions and shared understanding. These are essential requirements for organisations facing fast-paced, constant change.
What the course covers
- A facilitation approach based on the Process Iceberg Model
- How and when to use a range of key facilitation tools and techniques
- Tools for data collection, prioritisation and problem resolution
- Preparation and planning essentials for a successful outcome
- Balancing the needs of the group with achieving the task
- Maintaining effective communication throughout the process
- Diagnosing and dealing with potential problems and issues in real time
- Conducting a review for lessons learned
What our client’s say
“The course has given us some really key takeaways as a team, particularly around how important planning and preparation is when it comes to facilitation!
A massive thank you to ChangeQuest – the sessions were brilliant and very engaging.”