PRINCE2 Agile® training course
This programme helps equip project managers and organisations with the ability to deliver agile projects by tailoring the PRINCE2® project management method with a broad toolset of agile delivery techniques and frameworks.
It covers how to combine appropriate levels of governance and demonstrate control whilst working in a more flexible, iterative and incremental way allowing you to deal with greater uncertainty and rapidly changing requirements.
PRINCE2 Agile, accredited by AXELOS, can be applied to any type of project within any industry sector.
PRINCE2 Agile certification content
The following areas are covered during this course
- Overview of PRINCE2
Principles, Themes, Processes, Management products and governance, PRINCE2 journey with agile
- Overview of agile
Waterfall or iterative and incremental, Agile basics and frameworks, Agile behaviours and concepts
- Blending PRINCE2 and agile
What PRINCE2 Agile consists of, Eight guidance points, Performance targets, What to fix and what to flex, Agile, PRINCE2 processes and themes, Starting up and Initiating a project, Considering complexity and Cynefin
- Project organisation
Concepts and guidance, Delivery team and project structures, Incorporating a wider customer view, Working agreements
- Techniques and concepts
Requirements and user stories, Using prioritisation, The agilometer, Estimating techniques, Making progress visible, Lean start up, SCRUM, Kanban and Kanban method, Rich communication
- Quality considerations
Quality in relation to scope, Frequent releases and controlling a stage, Managing stage boundaries and retrospectives
Planning and plans, Tailoring PRINCE2 themes for agile, Closing a project, Directing a project, Setting appropriate levels of governance, Transitioning to agile
PRINCE2 Agile course information
- A PRINCE2 Agile course is suitable for anyone who delivers projects, large or small, in an agile context
- It is a valuable training and certification scheme for anyone working within an agile project environment, whether they’re a project manager, project support or part of the wider project team
- PRINCE2 Agile Foundation has no prerequisites, those without any pre-existing knowledge of PRINCE2 are eligible to sit the certification as this will be covered during the training
- This certification is aimed at professionals who work within a project environment including key staff involved with integrating project management with product delivery
- An understanding of the agile concepts detailed in PRINCE2 Agile will also be beneficial to those with governance responsibilities for projects using agile delivery approaches as well as those involved with programme and project support functions
- Prerequisite to undertaking Practitioner level PRINCE2 Agile course is to hold any of the following project management certifications: PRINCE2 Foundation or Practitioner, PMP, CAPM or PRINCE2 Agile Foundation level
The aim of the PRINCE2 Agile course is to cover how to blend PRINCE2 and agile ways of working:
- Combine appropriate levels of control with the required flexibility
- Establish clear project and product definitions
- Enable seamless integration with these approaches and techniques
- Improve capability to adapt and respond to rapidly changing environments
PRINCE2 agile is about using agile and PRINCE2 in the right place and the right way, combining them together until you have the right balance to suit your environment.
- As an individual taking the course, you will develop your understanding of how to apply a broad range of agile concepts and techniques and integrate these alongside a more formal project management environment, enabling you to deliver projects successfully in a more agile way. Practitioners, will leverage the benefits of agile ways of working such as iterative and incremental delivery while maintaining a structure of project governance.
- As part of organisational development, promoting consistency across the organisation enables a focus on both management and an integrated approach for project and product delivery. This collaboratively built approach is based on best practice. It helps increase stakeholder confidence, deliver projects that hit deadlines consistently and respond to rapidly changing requirements.
- PRINCE2 Agile equips practitioners and organisations with the ability to deliver agile projects by tailoring the PRINCE2 project management method with a broad toolset of agile delivery techniques and frameworks.
PRINCE2 Agile Foundation level exam
- Multiple-choice format and closed book
- 1 hour duration, with 50 questions
- Pass mark 55%
- Takes place on the afternoon of the third day
You need to have achieved the Foundation level certification to go on to the Practitioner level certification
PRINCE2 Agile Practitioner level exam
- Multiple-choice format and open book
- 2.5 hours duration, with 50 questions
- Pass mark 60%
- Takes place on the afternoon of the fifth day
Included in your PRINCE2 Agile training
- The course textbook PRINCE2 Agile®
- Pre-course support and study guide
- Course materials
- Examination fees
- Post-course support
- You can run this programme in the most convenient way for your organisation, either over consecutive days or split into separate modules.
Would you like to know more about the PRINCE2 Agile certification?
Want to combine the flexibility and responsiveness of agile with the clearly defined and established framework of PRINCE2?
Call us on 01276 34480 or email us your enquiry, let’s get started!
What our client’s say
“The agile techniques will be beneficial to my work environment and the PRINCE2 principles will help set a better working team. Since more than one from our team attended, it will be easier to include new techniques and improve our work/delivery and management areas.”
Eleni Loli, Records Manager, Research Council
Read what our clients have said about training with us